<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-2orJXQ0B2Bc/VZwH_5ncfmI/AAAAAAAAAH8/pgBU5v3DWoU/s1600/SA%2Bside.jpg>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-0laakP1OwEw/VZwH5drrrZI/AAAAAAAAAH0/xr_5pIc1Umw/s1600/SA%2Btop.jpg>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-FgJ2_7whfIY/VZwHw5p1blI/AAAAAAAAAHs/2Tk_KC1J8uU/s1600/SA%2Bbottom.jpg>
Thanks for the replies, everyone.  Very helpful.

It does look like the Rivet rails offer a similar adjustment range to the
old SA.   I wasn't aware of the try-before-you-buy program, so that sounds
like the thing to do if I decide to go that way.

For the benefit of anyone else looking at this thread, that SA in Kieran's
photo is "new" as in not used - but it's the "old" design, with the longer
rails.   Attached are some side-by-side photos of the old and even newer
(re-designed) versions.   Taking a page out of Coca Cola's playbook, the
new and improved one now offers about 1/8" to 1/4" more rearward
adjustment, but reduces the forward adjustment range (and bag support
clamping real estate) by about 1 1/2".  Such a shame.