work out which foot you should put down.  On my intro tandem ride, we both
automatically unclipped and put our left feet down.  Whew.

Standing (if you want to go there) - practice in a parking lot or other large,
empty space.  First couple times it will seem a little weird.  Captain and
stoker need to work out how much rocking is acceptable.  Call "standing" when
you (captain) want to stand.

Don't scare the stoker :-)

If anyone wants to draft, they first have to tell a joke.