FWIW, the choice of specific rings and crank also will vary the distance
between rings.  Basic Sugino rings for example, do not have the wonderful
clearance of their OEM rings that come on their complete cranks . They are
set and formed completely differently.  So every setup is going to be
unique .

  Also, there isn't just one chainline that works either.  Spec's are given
not as absolute rules, but as the measured spec of the component with other
like or branded components .  For a middle ring you have room to "play" so
to speak and the chain will be fine .