The enforcement will certainly be retrospective, part of the aftermath
following an event. There are worse conflagrations occurring without
citation for that to become an objective of policing. Just like our 4"
passing law here in PA where the worst offenders are the "professional"
drivers of busses and municipal vehicles. Citations have attached in a few
noteworthy incidents where CCTV captured violations preceding crashes
between bikes and motor vehicles.

Your senator's effort attempts to codify common sense, a fool's pursuit.
The volumes will break the shelves before being fully encompassing.

Andy Cheatham
Pittsburgh