Massive generalization will follow:

I have three B17 standard saddles.  All bought new.  One black, one red,
one honey.  The Honey is at least twice as soft as the other two.  The
black is the firmest.  When I've made this observation to other people,
they have generally concurred that the Honey ones are softer.  I like them
all, but I'm considering lacing the Honey one, because it's getting wings,
with the skirt splaying out.