I'm sort of carless and rely on bicycles for transportation. My wife owns a
car, so our family is not technically carless, though I rarely use the car
on my own. I average about 10-15 miles a day in commutes, then recreational
riding throughout the week & weekend.
This has been dwindling lately as we had our first child born at the end of
June, and I'll tag along in the car for errands that I normally would've
done by bike. Add in an appendicitis surgery a few weeks ago, and I've been
reliant on my wife to drop me off & pick me up from work, though I should
be back on the bike this week.
My question I suppose then is:
When did you start including an infant/young child into your riding routine?
How'd you do so... specifically what equipment worked well?
How'd you convince (if you needed to) your partner that it's safe to get
young children involved in cycling?

My wife proudly joined me on commutes last year before her pregnancy. We
work at the same place so she's been comfortable riding with me along with
her the whole way. So hopefully we'll be getting family rides in as soon as
we can.

David
Chicago