I forget what I paid for the cars on my 2006 PT Cruiser. It may have been
as much as $400 for 4 since I bought them through my mechanic who got them
from some chain -- I just asked him to do a turnkey. But I suppose overall
they'd cost what you paid if I went to, say, Costco and asked for 4 mounted
and balanced.

The 559 X 32 Elk Pass costs $78, so a pair is $156, and a pair for 2 bikes
would be $312. The tires on the PTC will probably last me a total of 10
years at 4Kmiles/ year; I hope to get 1500 out of a rear Elk Pass. I have
1500+ on the rear Furious Fred on my Fargo and, while the little nubbins
are clearly more worn than those on the front, they are still in high
relief.. I expect at least 750 and very possibly 1000 more out of that
rear. I rotate front to rear, putting a new on on the front.

But I don't mind! I drive my PT Cruiser largely for my daughter; I'd guess
3500/year out of 4K is driving for her; I hardly use it for myself. (I lead
a very dull life, and the bikes take care of my transportation needs.) The
left front tire on the PTC is out of round; it vibrates annoyingly starting
at 50 and up through 62 or so. My mechanic says that the tire is out of
round (and it's safe to drive it so; it's the tire, not the suspension or
attachment bits). I've ignored it for a couple of years.

But I'll pay good money to get the best ride that I can on my bikes. I've
ordered a total of 7 Elk Passes (5 in last Friday's bulk order; 2 from an
early offer that I have mounted and ridden on the gofast). I spent some
$200 to get the gofast 650C wheels rebuilt with Revolutions and alloy
nipples and Sun M14A 559 wheels for the new Elk Passes; plus $90 for 2 more
pairs of said rims when I found a surprise NOS stash on eBay; all of this
after I'd just spent almost another $200 buying a pair and a half of
Michelin Pro Race 4s for the 650C wheelset -- these are for sale cheap,
btw. NIB.