I think your opinion about the matter is entirely off center. Of course,
we've not heard the other person's side of the story -- audiatur et alter
pars! -- but as described in the Blug, the OP is a self involved jerk.

Grant has since Rivendell began soliloquized about running his business and
his own emotional reactions to doing so; this is just one more of a similar
series, and he is entirely in his right to do this. He disclosed no
identity -- this is no public shaming! -- and he (Grant) is very obviously
a person who is very troubled at having to reject stupid demands; this sort
of soliloquy is, I gather, one way he deals with them.

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 10:04 PM, Christopher Murray <
chrispmurra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In regards to the Silver shifter. Many, many things (especially high
> quality things) come with a "lifetime guaranty". No company actually thinks
> their product is going to last the lifetime of the purchaser, instead it is
> for the lifetime of the product purchased. Most companies leave it up to
> the customer to decide if the product failed before it should have failed
> and if so are free to return it for repair or replacement. One person may
> be satisfied after a year and another not satisfied if there is a problem
> after 10. Vague warranties leave a lot up to the customer/ purchaser.
> Rivendell's own non-warranty warranty is purposefully vague. This is how
> things work and most good companies would be happy to make a customer
> happy. The public shaming received from Grant is both cowardly and
> shameful. If you don't want to replace it then tell the customer and if you
> do want to replace it then do it graciously. I have handled hundreds (maybe
> thousands) or returns for both good and bad reasons and have never seen a
> company act like Rivendell/ Grant has acted.
>
> I am NOT the returner of said shifter.
>
> Sorry for the typos/ grammar, I'm writing this on my phone.
>
> Cheers!
> Chris

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten