Lynne, you don't say of whom you speak. "Someone doesn't get wet in the
rain," aye? No need for snarky passive aggressive. I'll make a leap and
presume you refer to me. Grin.

Though you didn't ask for it, I presume your hypothesis needs more data.
Here is some. Currently here in sunny, dry Colorado it is 46˚F with 95%
humidity, foggy to an extent we can't see the mountain across the way 100
yards from us. While it hasn't rained constantly here the last three days
it has rained several times for several hours. And the times I'm referring
to staying dry during were periods of solid, steady rain for 12 hours or
more, multiple days in a row. Put the tent away wet, set it up wet kind of
rain for several days. It's common it the Colorado mountains (less on the
front range) in Spring and Autumn. Not like the "typical" 20 minute summer
deluge thunderstorms. That's a different kind of rain. And, lest we forget,
ventile is from Scotland, precisely the type of climate that has this type
of lingering, steady, multi-day rain more often than Colorado. It still
exists because a smart niche of alpine climbers have recognized it's value
and that it keeps them dryer and warmer when active in the wet than
anything else.

With abandon,
Patrick