Well, I personally think drops are where it's at for an all around bar,
especially on a bike that has canti posts and allows some serious braking.
Nitto Noodles work well as an all around bar with really comfortable hand
positions.

Now, I will say I really liked the Nitto mustache bars I used on a Jamis
Aurora. They gave a few hand positions and you could get yourself down into
a more aggressive position with holding the bends too. I've had Albatross
bars and those are good for a bike that I'm not going to try to "perform"
on.

For mountain biking I still like a flat bar (my mountain bike is a newer
Trek fuel ex, so it's not rivy at all). The flat bars seem to give enough
leverage where I can move that front wheel around obstacles with authority.
I'm not a great, graceful mountain biker, so the extra "authority" is often
needed.

So...All around I would go with Noodles...my go fast Roadeo has Mark's bars
which I like a lot....getting more into the dirt and trail riding I would
opt for something like a mustache bar.