On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 1:00:35 PM UTC-7, Frederick wrote:

> On my computer screen, the grey looks really nice. It has more of a bluish
> tint than the photos on the Riv site.

The gray is nice.   Depending on the light, it has a basic pewter color to
it, just like the prototype images, or a blueish or a purplish tint which
make it appear darker in photographs than it really is.   A huge  shout-out
to Vince, who managed to wrangle one up for me after I decided that I
didn't want the blue I'd had on order.   Any of the three final colors
would be nice enough to make me happy, but I'm very satisfied with this
one.

These are probably all the images you'll get out of me for a while.  It's
snowed every day for more than a week here, so I'm in no hurry to get it
built up before May.  In the meantime, FIRST THINGS FIRST:  I just filled
in the missing windows on the frame!

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-y9tgOev2mNI/VjvprMui-GI/AAAAAAAAALc/c0ZsBUXj80c/s1600/Windows.jpg>

As you may have noticed in photos from others, the fabricator accidentally
put the lower napkin rings on backwards.  "EST 1994" should have been
facing forward.  So I just filled the lettering on the top one for now.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-YjfVAi0DNOo/VjvpIKbbIHI/AAAAAAAAALM/awZf_ZKz63k/s1600/NapkinRingF.jpg>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-wHNkHRTYoOw/VjvpPFRsdDI/AAAAAAAAALU/4L3_VMl6bE4/s1600/NapkinRingR.jpg>

Also, one quick heads up to others:  Check the curvature of the headbadge
*before* you put it on.  Mine wasn't curved quite enough, so it's a bit
tricky trying to the the edges to lay down.  I think it would have been
easier to flatten out, if it had *too much* curve.  I'm half tempted to
fill the low parts of the headbadge with creme too, just for another
highlight.  We don't have manhole covers where I live anyway, so the
reference will be lost on most people.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lI1rB1sNAUU/Vjvo_qiW1SI/AAAAAAAAALE/qpHZ7_CrBFw/s1600/Headbadge.jpg>