I had this experience once, too, back in the mid-90's.  I had a Suntour,
Shimano, or some kind of FW (can't remember) stuck on an old Campy Record
hub so badly that I actually stripped the notches out of the FW trying to
get it loose with the removal tool.  The LBS I took it to guaranteed that
they could get it off, but would destroy the FW in the process.  I said go
for it and they did, and it did.  Since then I've used higher quality
components AND lubed the hub threads with anti-seize compound and have had
no further problems.