Replying to myself, here.   I didn't read the part of your question, about
50mm being ideal. ( I always assume everyone has the same bigger-is-better
bent as me.)   In that case once again, I think you're going to have a hard
time finding anything nicer than the Big Bens from Riv., but there are some
slightly smaller Maxxis tires shown at that link, too.