Yes the Compass cranks are beautiful, and compared to a new Carmina, a
bargain.   They also require proprietary rings, a definite drawback.

Thanks also for the posts of the "silver" cranks from RBW.  They are
definitely not going on my bike.

I run a 44/30 White Industries crank on my Ram and love it, but have never
liked ring setups with 16 tooth jumps, like a 44/28.  It's to much work
finding the next gear after a shift.  I'm looking to replace the RD2 on my
Trek with a 48/34/26 because I live in Vermont, am over 70, but still like
to (occasionally) take on a mountain climb and many of ours have 14% and up
grades.  I can only sustain my cadence on the Ram (30/28) up to about 10%.

I asked about the BB to know if I need to add a new one into this  budget.

Michael