I have one set, of Ultegra STI 9 speeds on my RB-1.  I do like them, but
mostly for variety's sake.  It's kind of fun to have one bike upon which
regular and frequent shifting is part of the ride experience. If I had to
choose or only had one bike, I still like simple, separate shift levers of
one sort of another though.  Ignoring the durability and adjustment issues,
something about the inherent side-to-side wobble of the brifter levers is
unnerving to me.  My favorite system for drop bars are the Kelly take-off
mounts.

I'll say this though:   The comfort/ergonomics of most brifters, including
the one you linked, is *vastly* superior to any lever-only design out
there, that I've found. The hoods themselves are large enough that they're
actually a joy to rest your hands on (indeed this seems to be the primary
hand position for most modern road bikes), and the levers are way easier to
reach from the drop position even when the brake body is mounted high
enough to be utilized as a true hand perch.  (Hopefully that makes sense -
I'm a mountain biker who happens to own a couple of road bikes, but the
terminology is foreign to me.  Basically, on a bar like the noodle, I seem
to have to choose between being able to comfortably and readily reach the
levers from the drop position without a strained contortion of my hands and
body, or being able to comfortably rest on the hoods when I want to ride in
that position.  The brake levers are also easier and more effective to
operate from the hoods themselves, but the TRP ones that Riv sells do a
better job of this than most.