I have Campy Athena ergo levers on my Gios Torino Super Record, same cables
for about five years. My riding season is shorter here so consider that,
but the ergo levers were really a 'set it and forget it' system. I didn't
even have in-line cable adjusters. They never went out of alignment ONCE,
and this is 11-speed! The campy system is just so good. Plus the brifters
are 100% rebuildable!