(I started a new thread to continue/end the conversational veer regarding
the rear fender attachment.) The Christmas Clementine looks lovely. The
baskets look beautiful, too. Depending on what kind of loads are planned, I
wonder if for the long run, some kind of rack or hoop might help with
swaying, and extra support for those leather straps. My little guy is only
six, but whenever I tinker I try to lure him in. He enjoys helping out, and
it's a great way to teach kids all kinds of lessons without working at it
too hard!

I got the complete Clementine, a 52cm, so not much opportunity to get super
creative. Having already crossed the gender line by American standards, I
chose the black paint, and I am going with black fenders, racks, and
saddle, to create my formal attire soccer dad vehicle. (Augmented with a
dyno lighting system and reflective tape and clothing, of course!)