All good questions! I actually have some 650b wheels left over from a Sam I
briefly owned and have been running those on the hunq, outfitted with compass
42mm tires. I ran smart sam's on there for a long time and still have them.

I'm looking for something lighter that climbs better than the hunq. My litmus
test are a few climbs in Oakland including tunnel road. It is noticeably slower
on the hunq than on my go fast road bike (Gunnar), which would be expected.
However, given that the hunq was bought to be my primary mountain bike, and is
no longer serving that purpose, and is in fact seeing way more road miles, my
hope is that a more road oriented Rivendell would make more sense. The
hunqapillar is fine as it is, and if there is not going to be noticeably faster
than I may just stay with that.

But my initial thought process is that an AHH is comparable in price and resale
value to my hunq (while having all the fixings for racks, fenders, kick stands,
etc.), and being lighter and hopefully a little faster, would be a good trade
if there was one to be had. And I also have a 650b  wheel set with 2 nice sets
of tires that would fit it nicely. I'm also not really looking to spend any
money, hence the trade aspect of it.

I feel like I've struck out on finding a 52 or 54 ahh at RBW to test, maybe I
need to go back and see what is there. This isn't an urgent thing and I'm happy
riding the hunq and keeping it a long time. But I am very AHH curious ;)

Sent from my iPhone