On Monday, January 4, 2016 at 1:32:52 PM UTC-8, Matthew J wrote:

> > The Paul brakes were all set up on road bikes, using road bike levers.
> The V brakes are using V-brake specific levers.
>
> I have had good luck matching the Paul Min-Vs with Campagnolo Record MTB
> Flat Bar levers which I believe were made for a year or two in the early
> '90s.  The modern MTB levers I tried did not work well.

Yes, mini-v brakes, which were originally designed for BMX bikes, work
great with road levers!  On my cross bike, I used a cheapie Tektro 926al
mini-v brake (under $20) with my Campy ergo levers and it was far superior
to the crappy Suntour xc pro canti brake that I had on there. It was like
night and day! No more squealing, shuddering or vibration of any sort.

I heard from a friend who writes for a cx rag that the Paul minimoto mini-v
brake is arguably the best non-disc brake in dry conditions. Good Luck!