You are doubtless right. I used blue because I was ignorant of green; at
any rate, blue did worked for both seatpost and slipping cradle. (I later
replaced the Syncros with a to-spec Am Classic and, later still, to the
current 7410 Dura Ace.)

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 6:43 AM, Ron Mc <bulldog...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Patrick, the blue loctite hardens (and turns red) - it changes
> composition.  The green loctite is made for cylindrical friction fit.  I
> first bought it because I had a problem with an antique-style Malcolm rifle
> scope slipping in its mounts on a peppery little rolling block carbine.
>  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/bulldog1935/estes/1871/brb07.jpg
> I later used it on my Moser to solve the squatting seatpost problem.
> But back to the difference - the green loctite doesn't harden to solid and
> remains liquid - it accomplishes both what you want grease to do and
> resolves the slipping problem.
>
> On Tuesday, January 5, 2016 at 9:54:30 PM UTC-6, Patrick Moore wrote:
>>
>> With the undersized Syncros sp on my gofast, I just slathered blue
>> Loctite onto the post, grease be damned, and had no further problems.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 8:39 PM, cyclotourist <cyclot...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'll have to check into that if necessary... wonder if my LBS would have
>>> it. I know the community shop doesn't... hmmm, maybe they need to invest in
>>> one!!!
>>>
>>> But green Loctite sounds like a good option in the mean time. I can look
>>> and see a pretty good gap in the expansion cut... ain't nothing snug there!
>>>

>>> --

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten
*The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a
circumference on which all conditions, distinctions, and individualities
revolve. *Chuang Tzu

*Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.* *(The cross stands motionless while the
world revolves.) *Carthusian motto

*It is *we *who change; *He* remains the same.* Eckhart

*Kinei hos eromenon.* (*It moves [all things] as the beloved.) *Aristotle