Here is a little tidbit that people miss on their rivs regarding a slipping
seatpost.  When they produce the frames, the Seat lug has a tab that
connects the slot in the lug together and keeps it from deforming when the
frame is brazed up.  In the finish work before paint, they go through and
remove this material so the slot in the lug can function as intended.  On
occasion when they complete this process, they don't quite remove enough
material and it can prevent the lug from clamping down correctly on the
seatpost because there is material in the slot of the lug that creates
interference.  If you take a file/dremel/some device that can remover
material and clean the slot in the lug up or even make it a little wider,
you can genarally fix the problem without resorting to chemical binders.  I
have done this on a few Riv frames and it has always fixed the issue.
 Check out the photo I have attached that shows a raw lug.  You will see
what I speak of.

Keith