> Given the conversation and emails on this, I wanted to confirm how big a
> tire would fit this frame, and turns out 700X40s will fit quite easily.
> Plenty of head room at the fork and rear brake bridge. The tightest spot is
> at the chainstays, but still there is room. These tires are Schwalbe
> Marathon XR 40. The look of this bike with these tires is just about
> unbeatable IMHO. Oh, and it's still for sale...albeit with the 35s in the
> first group of photos.

More pics of the clearances in the Flickr album here:

 https://www.flickr.com/photos/32306142@N07/albums/72157661387558919
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2F32306142%40N07%2Falbums%2F72157661387558919&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEFC89VgeAGOyMrp_FGrVJTZn_nzg>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-TkZ_669BgjU/Vo_43KuaabI/AAAAAAAAATs/br4HY1WKIGM/s1600/IMG_1089.JPG>