Hi Drew,
The tread pattern is just little dots, so there's not much to wear out. And
the tread isn't very thick. That's the tradeoff I suppose for fast and
comfortable. I don't expect the tread to wear as long as a Super Moto
tread. Obviously no flat protection on these, I'll be swapping in
superlight tubes and Stan's sealant - I think the superlight tubes with
sealant will be about the same weight or a little less than the regular
tubes that I'm using now. The lower pressure needed for these tires means
that they'll be less likely to pick up debris, but we'll see.
The snow/ice in Chicago has melted a bit, but with colder temps expected,
I'll most likely swap in Smart Sams, so a durability test will have to wait
until I get the chance to ride these on a regular basis.
David
in surprisingly warm 42degree Chicago