As a former XO-1 owner I can tell you the smaller wheels accelerate faster and
are probably a little easier on a slow grinding climb while loaded,  but in the
other end of the spectrum the larger wheels seem to maintain momentum better. I
might go 26" if traveling to somewhere outof tge way, but otherwise I would
choose a wheel size proportional to you height.
I rode 26" almost exclusively for 25 years, but I am loving 650B now & that is
one thing I look for, but it might not make sense touring China or South
America.