Just a quick reminder about copyright: If you xerox an article and give it
to a friend, it's probably fine under "fair use". But scanning and posting
online would be the equivalent of publishing copyrighted work without
permission, which is definitely illegal.

Perhaps you'll understand that *Bicycle Quarterly* relies on people
subscribing and buying back issues. If the contents were pirated and made
widely available, the magazine simply wouldn't exist. It's not like we are
getting rich putting out a magazine that champions small builders (who
don't have money to advertise) and which is supported to 90% by subscribers.

(Compass pays *BQ* for the articles it includes with the fenders, as a
service to customers to help them install them correctly.)

Jan Heine
Editor
Bicycle Quarterly
www.bikequarterly.com