If  what's happening is what I think is happening, it's actually a
"torsion" that he's seeing.  At least that's what I determined about my
Bosco, which is sort of similar in that it is has a non-compound "C" shape,
as viewed from the top.   So the front, straight section is likely
"twisting," which allows the side/grip end portions to "dip."  I'm pretty
sure I see that deflection even while the stem stays mostly un-flexed.  The
Albatross and moustache bars, by contrast, curve forward before they curve
backward, so there's the strength of a compound curve.  Plus a much shorter
straight section adjacent to the stem clamp - with less material available
to twist.

However I do agree that the stem is likely contributing.  I just moved my
Boscos from a steel 140mm mtb stem to a 130mm tallux for my Clem, and the
overall setup IS noticeably flexier, even if just by a bit.

What I meant about confirming the heat treatment was basically what Bill
said:  They should be plenty strong, so don't let the flex make you
nervous.  Ride them the way you want to.