It will probably be hard to find enough space for a Large without a
support. My 58 c-c 26" wheel custom (wheels slightly under 25" in overall
diameter) had *just* enough space for a Medium; without the stiffener it
would have dragged on the tire. Note that this was with bare tires -- no
fenders. Note too that I buckled mine directly to the Flite's rails.

That said, I carried 35 lb*on this setup with little trouble -- no
dragging, no rear brake interference and no untoward handling problems.

Note further that the Sackville Medium has an effective capacity (ie, can
hold as much miscellaneous groceries) as the Hoss, whatever the respective
theoretical measured volumes are. I'd say that, if you are not going to
carry hugely bulky or heavy loads, a Medium is all you need - it carries
more than I can fit in a single Ortlieb Back Roller.

I expect that a Large would carry almost as much as a pair of Ortlieb Back
Rollers, no?

Me, if I'm going to use a rack, I prefer panniers for volume flexibility
and ease of removal. The whole point of saddlebags, *for me,* is to forgo a
rack.

(Aside: The Hoss did very well strapped to the Turbo's rails, on my
erstwhile Ken Rogers BRT (nicely restored early '80s model). Without a
center rear wheel to interfere, the saggy (by comparison to the Sackville
design) Hoss could use all of its volume without interfering with anything,
and -- very nice! -- even a very heavy load had no effect on handling, and
-- even nicer! -- the trike never tipped over. The only annoying thing was
that, without some sort of parking brake, the trike tended to roll away
from you while you were trying to load it.

* I tend to measure the weight of particularly big loads -- not because I'm
compulsive but for reasons of scientific wonder. Right?

On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 12:50 PM, Joe Broach <joebro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Daniel,
>
> For such light loads, if you have the airspace just hang it from the
> saddle. I did that for years with more weight, and the only issue was the
> thick leather straps got a little notched and might eventually have worn
> through from the sharp Brooks loops. Hanging from a Nitto bag grip or
> homemade equivalent would be even mas bueno.
>
> I'm with you on going huge. Still have and love my Baggins Hoss and never
> regretted upsizing.
>
> Best,
> joe "This post not approved by RivLegal. Using SaddleSacks without
> multiple redundant support systems could result in damage to property,
> dismemberment, or death. But probably not."
> pdx or
>
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 9:32 PM, Daniel D. <dddon...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have three bikes I'd like to use with a saddlesack.  I'd rather buy the
>> large not the medium.  But one of the bikes, an older road bike, doesn't
>> have eyelets.  Is there a cheap and easy way to get the large saddlesack
>> installed on a bike with no rack?  Only going to carry light loads on that
>> bike at most 10 pounds.
>>
>> --

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten
*The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a
circumference on which all conditions, distinctions, and individualities
revolve. *Chuang Tzu

*Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.* *(The cross stands motionless while the
world revolves.) *Carthusian motto

*It is *we *who change; *He* remains the same.* Eckhart

*Kinei hos eromenon.* (*It moves [all things] as the beloved.) *Aristotle