This thread prompted me to search through my files to see what I paid for
my orange Ram back in early '05.  It was $1,300 for the frame (and
presumably with the headset since there is no separate cost broken out for
it).  Not sure how that relates to today's dollars.  OTOH, I'm also not
sure how it relates to the frame itself, either.  Do they depreciate or
appreciate in value over time?  Seems like it's kind of up to the
individual.

I have a neighbor who owns an early 60's Triumph TR4.  Those were not
really well made top-of-the-line sports cars in their day.  They weren't
intended to be.  Yet, he's kept it in pristine condition and he tells me
that he could easily get in the mid-$20K range for it.  I looked the year
and model up on the Web and he's pretty much correct.  It's a collector's
item.  A vintage car. Maybe even a cult following.  And so it probably is
with these frames.  Not sure I'd be willing to go to $1,800 for one,
though, NIB or not.