Ha! Actually, Ron, while I hate to take away your triumph, it was more the
rock to toe encounters on trails combined with the frustration of having to
pick the right side of the pedal (with our without spikes) that has me in
shoes for every ride. However, I've found a pair of sandals that should
work, so they on on the Spring wish list!

Lungimsam and Daniel, Hmmmm. I'm not as smart as you. I find them
irritating. Grant is right and drivers give me a wider birth. I've seen the
stats about helmet use and cycling safety and there is no correlation, let
alone causation, as Holland has minimal helmet use and higher safety. I've
nothing left there to protect anymore. Pick whichever one will keep us from
devolving into a helmet discussion. Grin.

Thanks, Takashi! I talked with my wife last night and she is game for
attempting to cross a deerstalked and cycling hat. We'll see what happens!
If any make it to my head and on a ride, you'll see it here. Grin.

With abandon,
Patrick