funny my riv road does that too

Probably some people are pissed that you can pass them on a steel bike if
they're on a carbon wunderkind  that they spent a lot of dough on.  I'd
look at it that way, then you won't be so offended. I've never actually
passed someone on a CF bike...Cervelo is  super popular here and actually ,
honestly, most people do comment on my bikes and they're not rude, they're
intrigued. However, I am a 63 year-old woman who's no threat to anyone.  I
do find the CF bikes interesting and intriguing too; I just have no desire
to own one .Obviously YEMV.