Oh yes . . . . as William says of the "Lemond days" and the "Lance
days".    I too "lived them" .   Of course, even before this, the love of
cycling ever was.  What brought me to my very first banana seat bicycle
when I was a tike ?   I cannot say . . . it just kinda was there, and the
bike presented itself. Then I had a Raleigh 3 speed , and then a Fuji road
bike, then a Trek sport tourer that I toured on occasionally as teen , and
then a Gitane Professional racing bike as my first "racing bike" during the
Lemond peak in '85.  Form there it's just been more bikes and more love of
riding.  That's the gist of all this. . .   the style of riding, the style
of the bike is irrelevant in that none are of any more or less than
another. The love of rinding, of just being on a bike. . . heck we're
simply talking about life and riding but one joy.
The bike biz is always changing, but every change only reveals more
possibilities of the potentiality of what "bicycling" is, what life is !
No style goes away, just more are of the endless possibilities are
experienced.  To say any particular possibility is "new or created" does
not make sense, it's self explanatory.  Possibilities are infinite, and for
any possibility to be possible it must have already been .   So even
lamenting over this or that is a possibility , and certainly alright !  I
go on my merry way to more possibility because there is no end and no
beginning , just endless possibility !