On 04/26/2016 05:31 PM, Daniel D. wrote:
I should've said swinging my leg over. Rarely, I do step over the middle of the top tube or swing my leg over the handlebars. But I have to think about it as being the best option. Old habits and all, swinging my leg over the rear is what comes naturally. So I guess a mixte would feel the same unless I change my mounting habit to stepping over the top tube.

Like me with the Moulton. The few times I try actually stepping over the Moulton frame I usually end up not raising my foot high enough.

One other thing about top tube less frames: you have to be really careful when you're standing still straddling the frame. You're used to holding the frame up by means of contact between the thighs, and with no top tube that contact isn't there. It's all too easy to have the bike fall over sideways onto the ground, leaving you standing over it looking stupid. That's happened to me with the Moulton more times than I'd care to admit to.