On 05/10/2016 09:25 AM, Ginz wrote:
I'd eliminate one of the tubes. A single tube with patches should be sufficient.

"Should." I guess you've never had a bad day. Or failed to find a nearly invisible wire or itsy bitsy tiny glass shard. I have. And even on a group ride, with all but two of my bikes nobody in the group but me is going to have tubes that will fit. So I carry 3 tubes, and let them weigh what they weigh. As for patches: fine as a last ditch alternative, but if you're having a bad day odds are that either you're going to discover the glue in your patch kit has dried out and turned to a little rubber marble, or you're going to mess it up and the patch will leak.