Man, can we just go back to talking about something less controversial like
the pros and cons of helmets, or politics?

I'm a big fan of disc brakes. But only for that 2% of riding I do in wet
weather. Going on long, steep downhills in the rain with rim brakes is
enough to make me not ever want to ride my brakes in the rain (on hilly
rides). I accept that Rivendell will never have a non-tandem with discs
(which I always attributed to a mix of of design aesthetics and lack of
combatibility with any of their other frames or brake lever offerings), but
its good to have one disc brake bike in your stable. I would love to see a
future Hunq with disc brakes though and would consider selling up to get it.