I didn't find brevets and low carb eating to be compatible. I was rigorously on
the Eat Bacon Don't Jog way of eating. I lost weight and found it, at the time,
easy to do and satisfying. I seemed to have reached nutritional ketosis and to
have adapted to burning fat for energy. I could easily ride 4-6 hours with only
water. But when it came time to do longer rides I struggled. I completed one
200km ride eating meats and cheese, but was pretty sluggish at times, and had
that bonking feeling. I did another a few weeks later and bonked pretty badly
when I finally decided to give in and eat something. Of course, I immediately
felt better. I finished the ride on Starbucks Doubleshots. The sugar and
caffeine got me through. So then I would eat low carb except for when it was
time for a brevet, and that seemed to work pretty well for me. Like any "diet"
I didn't find low carb to be sustainable, but plenty of people do. There are a
lot of people eating low carb and participating in endurance events these days,
so there are numerous sources to help you find what works for you.