Thanks for the replies.

I should have been more clear on the cause of the numbness.  It's not
cold, but circulation(?) and pressure on the bottom of my foot is
causing it.

I do like the idea of using Power Grips on the Grip Kings, but also
read that doesn't work.  Richard - where to the ends of the straps
connect to the pedals?  Any pix?  The main thing I didn't want to give
up by using the Grip Kings is the ability to pull up on the pedal
stroke.  If the GKs can provide relief from numbness, and can use the
Power Grips, while supplying a stable surface, maybe that is the best
of both worlds.  It's not too much to ask, right?

Steve