Notwithstanding Jeremy's report, which is great to read. Are you intending
it for mainly traditional singletrack duties, or will you be switching back
and forth (tires, wheelsets)?Other than dirt paths and a one-mile loop of
singletrack, I can't really get to mountain biking trails without a car.
When I go with my son, I take my Raleigh Twenty, because the Clementine,
with fenders and racks (and probably even without) won't fit in the back of
the Subaru with also him and his bike. Just got the car, don't have/can't
really afford/don't like the idea of a bike rack for it. Don't intend to
keep it past the first repair (has 238,000 miles on it).