I want to love Challenge tires but we're having a difficult relationship.  I
have a set a of Challenge Almanzos.  While they live up to their billing as
supple, comfy tires, the tires and matching latex tubes aren't confidence
inspiring.  Last Summer, I had a tire with less than 50 miles delaminate on me
(it was replaced under warranty).  This Summer, I'm on my third or fourth not
so cheap latex tube---all have failed right around the valve stem without any
apparent reason.  Help! What am I doing wrong?

Alternatively, can anyone recommend another mixed terrain and/or road tire that
measures around 700x30.  I'm assuming most 32s won't fit--I have a Custom with
old school Campy short reach brakes to maximize clearance.  Thanks.