Joe, that is my thought, too. I am by no means a bicycle designer, but you
don't need to be to understand that those particular parameters are a large
part of what makes a Clem a Clem. You give up a certain nimbleness on a
trail perhaps, but you gain that luxurious, super fun handling, plenty
enough of responsiveness, and a machine up for any task a non-specific
bike  (as opposed to downhill, professional racing, fat bikes, etc. )should
be expected to handle. It really is a bike to Just Ride.