My Hunqapillar has a diagitube, which is even more odd ball than 2TT. But
then I'm not one concerned with appearence, I happily contribute to
beausage through mud and rocks through use bikepacking and singletracking.

However, I'd question your statement that "I'll be one of those guys who
needs a 2TT design." Maybe, maybe not. I have a Quickbeam (66cm) that is
single TT and it rides beautifully, including underbiking on singletrack.
Conclusion: talk with Rivendell. They'll steer you right (and threaded,
unless you go tandem. Grin.)!

With abandon,
Patrick