I am very familiar with the roads on the route, as I ride between PDX and
Eugene fairly often, although not sticking to that route exactly, but I've
ridden on all of those roads at one time or another.  The route is good.

How do you plan to get from Portland to Champoeg Park, the start of the
bikeway?  It can be ridden and it isn't all that bad :-)  I can get you there
from SW Portland/Beaverton pretty easily by several routes.  Note: there WILL
be a climb to get out of PDX, no matter which way you go.

Places to eat:

If you go into Independence, Ovenbird Bakery
Jefferson; I usually just stop at the market
Albany - First Burger on 1st St!  Tasty burgers, speedy service, just lean your
bike against the building on the sidewalk.  Ditto for Independence.
there's nothing between Albany and Shedd.  Shedd has a market with food they'll
cook, I think.  It has been a few years.
Brownsville - by then I usually want ice cream (we do the entire ride in a day)
- ice cream stand on the corner of Main and Hwy 228.  Portapotties by the
Dari-Mart - give them a miss.
Then you are climbing Gap Rd.  Look for the "better than average horses" on the
right (field of palominos)
I am sure there is something in Coburg, but by then you are smelling the barn.

Note that the finish at Armitage is still north of Eugene.

Ride your bike all the way into town and finish at the Ninkasi Brewery -
they've got a big patio.

Ask away if you've got other questions.

Cheers,
Lynne F