It is sad that they are closing. Maybe it is the economy-to-price-of-goods
ratio these days. I don't know.

I think it is difficult to sell bikes/parts in the USA these days. If you
have read the Rivendell readers, you know of RBW's struggles through the
years.

Quality cycling gear is a very expensive now *in the USA*. I don't know if
it is the economy or what.
I'm not talking Target/WalMart/Sears. I am talking *LBS and up*.
*Go into any LBS*. How many people *in the USA* can afford to shell out
900$ for an entry level road bike these days? 40$ gloves? A 65$ helmet? $80
shoes?

It is too bad that these great bikes (LBS, RBW, Boulder, Weigle,
Litespeed, etc.) aren't financially accessible to everyone.
*Maybe it is not so much the helmets keeping people from cycling, but the
prices the market bears these days.*

CIA factbook today says that "per capita GDP of $54,800" in USA. How many
want to/are able to buy a 1000$ US bike and the parts? How many can you
sell in this economy?

Sometimes I think the US cycling industry is going to implode on itself if
the prices get much higher.