I have four bicycles right now with centerpull brakes, one of which is
brazed on, the rest have a traditional mount through the fork crowns and
seat stay bridges. I would be hard-pressed to tell the difference. In fact,
the Dia Compes are my favorite brake. Visually, you need to be a
cognoscenti to even notice the difference between the two mounting options.
I will grant that having the brazed on posts is not an affectation, but it
will not change the enjoyment of the bicycle.

My two cents:

Get the AHH, since that is the bike you want. Get it stock, and put some
nice centerpulls on it. You can hardly tell if they are brazed or not, so I
don't think this will wreak havoc on your "classic road" aesthetic--in
fact, the braze-ons are not nearly ubiquitous enough (now or then) to
qualify as classic. If at some point down the road, you really really
really think your life will be improved by getting the braze on style, go
for it.

Buying a bike that is purpose built for 5% of your riding (which may turn
out to be an overestimate, if you are like most folks) does not make much
sense. At a rider weight of 180, you will be able to tour with the baggage
you need.

The VO Campeur is a nice bike, but if you really can't swing for the AHH
immediately, why not look for a used bike with centerpulls and wide
clearances and put the rest in the piggy bank so you can get the AHH that
much sooner--a new bike loses a big chunk of value as soon as it comes off
the floor. I picked up this Takara for $100 a few weeks ago--centerpulls
and clearance for 40mm tires easy, probably 38 with fenders. Even has
Rivish lugs. Here it is still with 27" wheels:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-mewxFisUDJ8/V6dO5AzjZyI/AAAAAAAAHaY/AsZphgC4Rq0yvLh3Vc66oHqa3md-GtK4wCLcB/s1600/IMG_0680.JPG>

Of course if it were to be used for touring, everything--including water
bottle cages--would have to be clamped on.