"Just out of curiousity ... for the Riv models that offer fewer sizes ...
for those that have found themselves truly "in-between" sizes for a given
Riv model that you just fell in love with, what did you end up deciding in
the end? "

My in-between size story is in regards to the initial Hunqapillar offering.
 When it was introduced, a massive 700c tired touring bike was a very novel
thing to me, and I "just fell in love" with the idea.  I considered myself
in-between the 54cm and the 58cm.   I loved how both rode, and rode them
both quite a lot.  There was no standover room with the 58, and the 54
looked small and was too short in the top tube for anything but drop
handlebars.  I ordered a 54, paid my money, and then changed my mind and
used that money to buy my wife an Yves Gomez instead.

So, I have three take home messages

1.  If in between sizes means two sizes that will both work, then just
decide, and decide to be happy with your choice
2.  If in between sizes means neither of two sizes will work, then don't
buy either one.  That's what I did
3.  I reject the "just fell in love" with a bike.  "Love" should never
force you to buy a bike that doesn't come in the size you want.  There is
no bike that is essential for you to buy*.  Your bike ownership life is a
series of infatuations.  The decision to buy is like asking somebody out on
a date.  You like them enough to ask them out.  There is no test you can
put on a person to guarantee you'll be with them for life, and there's no
test you can put on a bike either.  Take the leap, and don't be afraid to
get out of a bad bike relationship.  Fortunately, you aren't expected to be
monogamous with bikes.

*OK, I retract.  It is essential that everyone buy an Atlantis.  But aside
from that, there is no bike that is essential for you to buy

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA