" If I lower the bag, the clip on bottom that secures the bag to the rack
becomes too low. It sits lower than the rack and there is nothing for it to
grab onto."

Got it.  Any way to secure the bag to the rack with a bungee around it,
down low?  The idea at the bottom is to keep the bag from flapping outward
from the rack.

dougP