On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Kip Otteson <kip.otte...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, it seems like all the Riv gear is oriented towards men.
> Anybody know of Musa type stuff that is made for women?  I'll get her
> going on some wool tops from Riv, but the bottoms are not as
> flattering.  Anyone's wives or girlfriends have any recommendations?

I don't have a wife or a girlfriend but I do have some recommendations.

Lately I've been loving Ibex woolie tops for riding and just wearing
around.  They're better looking and also more comfortable than the Riv
stuff. My favorite style is the zip T-neck.
On cold days (for here-- I live in the San Francisco Bay Area) I layer
an Ibex zipfront Shak over the woolie.
http://www.ibexwear.com/shop/product/1355/8742/womens-woolies-zip-t-neck-stripe
http://www.ibexwear.com/shop/product/1367/8447/womens-shak-full-zip

And for touring, I bring along this cozy wool jacket. The hood fits
closely, so I can put my helmet over it.
http://www.ibexwear.com/shop/product/1394/7440/womens-carrie-fz-hoody

Ibex also sells wool shorts, but I still remember the wool cycling
shorts of yore, so I haven't tried the Ibex ones. I might relent and
try these knickers, though. They look great.
http://www.ibexwear.com/shop/product/1482/8990/womens-el-fito-three-quarter-bike-knickers

Searching around, I found these good-looking wool riding knickers:
http://www.teamestrogen.com/prodSM_7572.html
That's a Team Estrogen page. Team Estrogen has an enormous inventory
of women's cycling clothes of all kinds.

--
-- Anne Paulson

He who wills the ends wills the means