Hi Ashwath,
No, Compass's tire offerings do not have "flat protection". Compass uses
"supple" casings for comfort, speed, handling. By using wider tires at
lower pressures, flats are not as likely to occur.

If you ride in goat head country, or places that are likely to have wires,
nails, etc., that could penetrate the casing, then you might benefit from a
different tire. I ride on city streets around Boston area with Compass
tires. I have gotten the occasional flat, but that's a compromise that I'm
willing to make for the ride quality of the tires.

(By contrast, I dread putting on the winter studded tires that are slow,
sluggish, and a lot of work to pedal against.)

RE: tire choice
There are many tire choices in different sizes. The question for you is
whether the choices that exist are good for the riding you do (and want to
do). Having more tire choices for riding conditions that you're not going
to encounter doesn't offer real choice.

Good luck,
Shoji