On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 9:22 AM, JoelMatthews <joelmatth...@mac.com> wrote:

> With some skinny race tires excepted, most decent tires out there have
> a perfectly acceptable 26" variant.  And who buys an Atlantis or
> similar bike with skinny race tires in mind?
>
> The great gap in 559 and 571 tires is in the high quality 25-30 mm range.
Will someone please, puh-leeeeze make a Grand Bois in a 559X28?

There are many utility tires -- City Slicker type; the Pasela comes closer
to a supple tire, but it's not really a top quality riding tire, in my
experience with it. And there are a few 26X1" tires -- Conti makes one. I
use old stock 26X1 Turbos because of the casing quality, but I do wish they
were at least 4 mm wider than the 22 mm they measure on my rims.

FWIW, I just swapped out the rear Turbo after 1700 miles; very thin but no
increase in punctures yet. The front of course is good for 3000 easily,
unless I rotate it.