It looks like 46-30 cranks are a favorable of RBW owners (I've reviewed the
group archive).  I'm interested in getting the insight of folks that are
using them in moderately hilly terrain on an unloaded road bike.  I live in
northern Connecticut and occasionally
do mixed surface rides but bike isn't a "gravel bike"---second hand short
reach custom road with 11-30 cassette and 700x30 tires.  Is it worth a swap
from a 50-34?  Should I just toughen up and join Zwift? While most of my
road riding is solo or with my young kids, will I be under geared on casual
club rides?  Will the less aggressive gearing be too much overlap with
other bikes in my Riv stash---Homer with a triple; Legolas on order that
I'm planning on specing with a 46-28 as a pure dirt road/CX bike?