At the end of a lengthy and thoughtful discussion between me and a Riv-
owner who's mad for 650b, his upshot was that there just isn't enough
"passion" (his word), not enough mystique (my word) perhaps, to get
the bike industry excited about making super high-end tires in a 559
(26" ATB) wheel size, or for that matter, mass-producing a
"sensible" (um, Atlantis-styled) 559-dedicated frameset to garner more
attention and raise something near the level of novel buzz that 650b
has generated.

After giving this a lot of thought, I find myself wanting to be the
cheerleader for more and better bicycles built around this still-
useful and awesome wheel size.

True, there are a lot of 20-year-old steel mountain bike frames out
there that can be rebuilt as all-rounder type bikes -- but either
their owners are selling them on ebay for tons of money, or they're
sitting on the frames expecting their cache to increase further
someday.

As someone with four bikes and three of them built around 559 wheels,
I just feel worried that the love for 559 is going to fade at RBW.
Yes, some Atlantis framesets are still available, but after this it's
unclear what the future of the Atlantis will be (and so far, the
Rivendellians have said little).

Am I the only one on this list who really, deeply cares about the
future of 559-wheeled bikes? If anyone else out there loves 559 like I
do, write in and say why, and what you hope the future brings for a
Rivendell model built around 559.
Atlantis?
Notlantis?
Feel free to opine.
Beth, considering a jersey design for lovers of this wheel size...